Melways reference - Map 2E Ref. G2
Limited street parking is available in the West Melbourne/North Melbourne area. Etihad Stadium, New Quay Docklands and 83 Batman Street paid car parks are in close proximity to the hall.
Additionally paid car parks are available but have restricted opening hours -
185 Rosslyn Street is open until 9pm on weekdays
94 Batman Street until 11pm on weekdays
Corner of Latrobe and Spencer Streets until 10pm daily
Tram: Routes 24,30,34, 70 and the City Circle stop at the corner of Latrobe and Spencer Streets. Festival Hall is a 5 minute walk along Spencer Street away from the city and left into Dudley Street.
Train: Southern Cross Station - 10 minute walk. Walk northbound of the city along Spencer Street and turn left into Dudley Street
Bus: Route 220 runs along Dudley Street, use stop number 5.
Taxi: Drop off and pick up can be made in Rosslyn Street or Spencer Street. Taxi ranks are located at Southern Cross Station.
Pre Event Ticket Sales Hours:
Tickets can be purchased from Festival Hall Administration at 288 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm. Cash, Visa, MasterCard and EFTPOS are the only accepted forms of payment.
Event Night Ticket Sales:
Tickets are available from the Ticket Sales Window at the front of the venue in Dudley Street (near the Railway Bridge), 1 hour prior to doors being opened on event nights (unless allocation has been previously exhausted). Cash, Visa or MasterCard are the only accepted payment methods. For EFTPOS facilities an ATM is onsite (for location see below).
N.B. Patrons who purchase a ticket to a LICENSED AREA (18+ years only) must ensure all ticket holders will be 18+ years of age at the date of the event and must present 1 of the Government Approved I.D’s (Learners or Drivers Licence, Passport, Proof of Age Card, Keypass) to gain entry into the Venue. NO I.D., NO ENTRY, NO EXCHANGES, NO REFUNDS.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED TICKETS:
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Tickets must be reported to Ticketmaster prior to 4.00pm on event day. Please call 136 100 (between 9am – 9pm, Monday – Saturday and 9am – 5pm on Sunday) with all of your account and payment details in front of you or email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of your account and payment details.
* Please note that a $10 per ticket fee may be incurred for Lost, Stolen or Damaged tickets.
Any Lost, Stolen or Damaged Ticket problems will not be considered after doors open on event night. Please go to Festival Hall Administration with event night queries.
PREPAID TICKET COLLECTIONS:
The Credit Card owner, whose name appears on the Credit Card, is the only person who can collect a prepaid ticket. That Credit Card used to purchase the ticket(s) and photo I.D must be presented at time of collection.
Prior to the event Venue Ticket Collections can be made from Festival Hall Administration Office at 288 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne (opposite the venue Loading Door), from Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm.
On the event night Venue Ticket Collections are available from 1 hour prior to the event from the Ticket Sales window located at the front of the Venue on Dudley Street (near the Railway Bridge).
WHEELCHAIR DISABLED AND INJURED PATRONS:
Patrons with disabilities and their carers must contact Administration directly to purchase tickets to all Festival Hall events on (03) 9329 9699. Tickets are not guaranteed to patrons, as there is only a limited number of these ticket types available, to avoid disappointment contact Administration on or before the 1st day of sale for a show.
Accessible Seating tickets will not be mailed out and must be picked up from Administration at 288 Rosslyn Street on event night.
A disabled carpark is available outside the Festival Hall Administration Office at 288 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne.
Patrons with injuries, on crutches or any other medical needs must call Administration on (03) 9329 9699 prior to event day to discuss options.
The cloak room on Dudley Street charges $3 per item
Festival Hall takes no responsibility for items not picked up within 2 hours of the conclusion of an event.
FESTIVAL HALL VENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* All Patrons must have a valid ticket to gain entry to events. One patron per ticket.
* If a Patron has a ticket for a Licensed Area, the patron must be 18+ years or over, and present 1 of the 5 legally accredited Proof of Age Photo ID cards (Drivers License, Learners Permit, Passport, Proof of Age Card, Keypass). At no time are patrons under 18’s years allowed into a Licensed area even if escorted by an adult. No ID, No Entry, No Exchange, No Refund.
Note: Overseas travelers, if you do not wish to bring your passport with you, please take your passport and a photocopy of your passport to be certified at a police station. If you prefer, you can bring it to Festival Hall Administration at 288 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne and we can arrange a copy for our event only.
* All patrons must enter via the door number printed on their ticket. If a patron has a ticket in a reserved seated area they will not be able to gain access to the main floor and must sit in their allocated seat. Standing on seats or in the aisles is prohibited.
* It is a condition of entry into events that a search of a person or possessions may be required at the time of entry to the venue.
* No drink containers of any type, or food are to be brought in to the venue.
* No alcoholic drinks are to be taken from the venue.
* Patrons will be required to cloak all items greater than an A4 size or at the management’s request. A cloak room is available for every event for a fee.
* Appropriate and safe footwear must be worn at all times. Festival Hall strongly recommend not wearing thongs or sandals.
* No Passouts. Individual circumstance will be assessed on the night and are at the discretion of management.
* No smoking. Due to government regulations, Festival Hall is a smoke free venue and any patron found smoking within the venue will immediately be ejected. There are no areas available for smoking once patrons have entered the venue.
* We adhere to Responsible Serving of Alcohol practices. Patrons deemed to be intoxicated and/or affected by the consumption drugs will not be served alcohol, and may be removed from the venue or refused entry.
* General Admission audiences may cause recreational risk. All patrons are responsible for assessing their own risk and take responsibility for their safety. If a patron becomes aware a risk, please report it to a Festival Hall staff member or security member immediately.
* Management reserve the right to set purchase limits at the bars within the venue at anytime.
* Any patron found attempting access to an area other than what is stated on their ticket will be ejected.
* Stage diving is strictly prohibited at all times.
* Climbing on any part of the venue’s structure or equipment is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be ejected.
* Any patron found behaving in a manner that threatens the safety of the performers, staff or other patrons or reasonably interferes with the other patron’s enjoyment of the performance, will be removed from the venue. This includes the throwing of any objects.
* The ability of patrons to stand in reserved seated areas during the performance will be assessed on an event by event basis. If the majority of patrons in a certain area of reserved seating are standing, patrons may be allowed to stand. If at any time the enjoyment of the performance for other patrons is inhibited by patrons standing, said patrons will be required to reseat themselves.
* If a patron feels that their enjoyment of the performance is being inhibited, or if there is a seating problem, please see a Festival Hall staff member immediately. Do not wait until after the show finishes! If you do not approach Festival Hall staff regarding the issue, so that we can rectify the situation, it will be deemed that you have seen the show to your satisfaction.
* All patrons must follow the directives of Festival Hall Management, or its agents (staff/security members), at all times. Festival Hall members are all well identified by their uniform (security will also display a security number).
Alcohol, drugs, syringes, bottles, cans, recorders, lasers, studded clothing (including belts), flares, knives or weapons, umbrellas, flags/banners, glow sticks, iPads and other video recorders (including GoPro cameras).
* No Cameras
The use of professional or large cameras, audio and video equipment by patrons is at the discretion of the Artist and is normally prohibited. In some cases, small ‘happy snap’ cameras with no detachable lens, may be allowed. Please contact the venue for information regarding each particular show or access the event page by clicking on the event info link on the home page.
* In the event that a patron is refused entry or removed from the venue during any part of the performance, for any reason in accordance with these conditions, under no circumstances will a refund be offered on the ticket price.
* In the event of a cancellation or postponement of a specific event, patrons will have 6 months from the date the performance was scheduled to be held, to approach their point of sale for a refund. Festival Hall will not be responsible for any tickets presented for refund after such time.
* In the event a patron refuses to supply a name and contact details at time of purchase from an authorised ticketing outlet, no responsibility will be taken by Festival Hall or the Ticketing Company for a consumer not being made aware of a cancelled or re-scheduled show.
***Patrons in Section 9 and 10, please be aware that there is a 6 line wire safety divider positioned between the Main Floor and Sections 9 and 10.
***The Venue strongly advise that people only purchase tickets through Ticketmaster or it’s authorised ticketing agents, as this is the only way that a ticket holder will have access into the venue. Any person who has purchased their ticket through other avenues risks being denied entry into the venue. (Please see Ticketing Agents’ Terms & Conditions). Festival Hall and Ticketmaster do not take responsibility for tickets sold through thrid party sellers.
***Festival Hall and Ticketmaster abide by the Live Performace of Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (please see http://www.liveperformance.com.au ; Industry Developments; Codes and Guidelines ; Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia).
Patrons must enter via the door number stated on their ticket.
An ATM is located in the Main Foyer near Door 7 on Dudley Street.
Access to the ATM is available for approx 1 hour before Doors on an event night.
Please note: Once doors have opened for an event only GA Floor patrons will have access to the ATM. Patrons in seated areas in Balcony, Sections 9, 10, 11 & 12 will not have access to the ATM once they have entered the Venue.
Patron Drop-off and Pickup Location on Event Days
Patrons should not make arrangements to be dropped off or collected on Dudley Street or Rosslyn Street, directly behind Festival Hall- this is due to road closures and safety issues. Patrons should be dropped off and collected from the corner of Rosslyn Street and Adderley Street or further down either street away from the hall.